Azecolab microbiology laboratory is specialized in bacteriological tests. All the bacteriological identification and enumeration methods applied in Azecolab microbiology laboratory are included in ISO 17025 accreditation scope. We have separated laboratory facility for analysis of drinking water, effluent water, seawater, surface water, food, swab and air. The tests are performed by qualified laboratory staff and the head specialist of Azecolab microbiology laboratory is PhD in Microbiology Science. Based on the client request we can carry out tests both by classic methods and kit/rapid methods available in our laboratory.
To demonstrate the quality of performed laboratory tests Azecolab participates in proficiency testing schemes organized by globally trusted organizations. In addition, Azecolab applies special internal quality control program which includes specific procedures applied for microbiology laboratory: area sterility checks, media positive/negative control, etc.
The list of parameters tested in our microbiology laboratory are mentioned below:
- Coliforms and Escherichia coli in all types of water samples;
- Heterotopic bacteria, Entrococci (Fecal Streptococcus), Pseudomonas aeruginosa and Legionella in water samples;
- Coliforms, Escherichia coli, Salmonella, Staphylococcus aureus, Total Bacteria Count, Yeast and Mould in food samples;
- Escherichia coli, Staphylococcus aureus, Total Bacteria Count in swab samples;
- Air quality tests for client requested bacteria.
Azecolab is the only accredited laboratory for Legionella analysis in Azerbaijan.