Impact assessments help in identifying the likely positive and negative impacts of proposed policy actions, likely trade-offs and synergies, and thus facilitate informed decision-making. Azecolab is the only 100% local private company who has experience in impact assessment services. Our procedures are based on the international guides and methodologies applied in the top international companies specialized in impact assessment services. Having its own ISO 17025 accredited laboratory and more than 10 year of experience in environmental monitoring services is Azecolab advantage as we provide direct data to our international consultants who perform modelling services.
Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA)
Environmental Impact Assessment is a process of evaluating the likely environmental impacts of a proposed project or development, taking into account inter-related socio-economic, cultural and human-health impacts, both beneficial and adverse. It aims to predict environmental impacts at an early stage in project planning and design, find ways and means to reduce adverse impacts, shape projects to suit the local environment and present the predictions and options to decision-makers. By using EIA both environmental and economic benefits can be achieved, such as reduced cost and time of project implementation and design, avoided treatment/clean-up costs and impacts of laws and regulations.
Social Impact Assessment (SIA)
Social Impact Assessment (SIA) can be defined in terms of efforts to assess or estimate, in advance, the social consequences that are likely to follow specific policy actions (including programs/ projects and the adoption of new policies), and specific government actions. It is a process that provides a framework for prioritizing, gathering, analyzing, and incorporating social information and participation into the design and delivery of developmental interventions. The SIA ensures that the development interventions:
(i) are informed and take into account the key relevant social issues; and
(ii) Incorporate a participation strategy for involving a wide range of stakeholders.
Azecolab experience and capabilities
- Environmental baseline surveys, including projects financed by JIOC, LUKOIL and HOLCIM in 2000-2008
- Integrated solid waste management system for the Absheron peninsula project, financed by WORLD BANK (2008), download the document;
- ABSHERON BLOCK, environmental and socio-economic baseline surveys for Total in 2010-2011 (100% of full SOW), download the document;
- SOCAR Oil-Gas Processing and Petrochemical Complex (OGPC) for AECOM in 2013-2015 (100% for EBS)
In addition, Azecolab participated in different projects as a subcontractor of international companies which were responsible for environmental assessment services.
To perform impact assessment services Azecolab has established relations both with national and international consultants:
- We have agreements with top national environmental experts and Azecolab provides Monitoring and Technical Advisory Group services to BP;
- Azecolab has great experience in reporting services like Environmental Offshore Monitoring Projects for BP for more than 5 years;
- Azecolab has partnership agreements with Azerbaijan National Academy of Sciences, Azerbaijan Fisheries Research Institute, National Physical Laboratory (UK), USGS; Florida State University, Trondheim University (Norway);
- Azecolab has established relations with local NGOs and institutions who participates in environmental and socio-economic baseline field surveys;
- Azecolab has agreements with top international specialists and companies who have great experience in reporting and modelling services. All these specialist were engaged in different environmental impact assessment projects in the Caspian Sea region;
- Azecolab has great experience in air and weather quality data collection and treatment. We are operating 3 weather stations in Sangachal and Serenja and Sangachal Real-time monitoring stations since 2011. We perform air data collection applying passive NO/NO2, SO2 and BTEX/VOC samplers and active PM2.5/PM10 dust samplers. Azecolab is responsible for BP Sangachal and Serenja are air dispersion modeling since 2013 in close cooperation with NPL (UK). Since 2016, Azecolab is applying of own air quality modeling for BP Sangachal and Serenja areas;
- Azecolab has great experience (e.g. SCPX project) in noise data collection. Together with our partners from NPL (UK) and Envision-mapping (UK) we can provide both air and underwater sound modeling services.